so i've decided to use my free time to update the look of my blog. exciting, right? and while doing so, it got me thinking...
isn't it funny how self indulgent blogs really are? i mean, who am i to think that enough people out there really care about what i'm doing on a regular basis that i need to keep a public record of it? and this doesn't just go for me, but for the whole blog/live journal phenomenon. it's actually what my biggest hesitation about live journals and blogs has been for a few years now...that and AIM away messages that say, "in the shower" or "eating dinner" or any other trivial task that the rest of the world really doesn't need to know that you are doing because it is likely they are doing it too. at least be clever and cute about it.
but, on the other hand, i do enjoy poking around people's blogs...even people that are only acquaintances. i like to read their thoughts and what they're doing. sometimes i pick up good tips, like great new songs or books. and again, i'm not the only one who likes to peruse other people's sites. so what is it about blogs that keeps us reading?
10 comments:
I don't know Bri, but I am so glad you are keeping it up. I for one enjoy the break at work. It's fun too b/c I'll clink on your link and wait to see if I am going to be entertained or bummed that nothing has been posted. Holiday prep is crazy so I keep forgetting to remind Vic to check out your pictures - loved them by the way especially Sagamora-san. Love, Aunt Dora
HAHA who wouldnt wanna listen to the ramblings of the infamous Mina Atooti! I know i do. And I 100% agree with Aunt Dora that its a great respite from the work day to read your thoughts. It gets tiring just thinking my own all day haha!
And i dunno if you got my post on the last blog entry BUT YES I am totally gonna visit you in AC that is such the greatest idea! I have a bunch of days off for my birthday in April I should totally come down and hang then. Coolest! We'll have to kabitz on that!
Also PS Mina Atooti the second (my plant) is doing just swimmingly ... she's actually pretty huge right now I need to get her a bigger pot and stand and all that jazz ... after christmas. She's so needy!
Mols if you are going to AC in April wait until after the second and then you can stop by in Middlesex and pick me up.
molls and elyse... the ac vacation is on. and guess what?! now that mom and dad have moved out and left phil with the house, there are two houses with plenty of sleeping space, so party on wayne and garth.
oh, and molls...mina atooti the first has also gotten much bigger...or at least that's the way it feels. semester at sea is to blame (clearly no fault of my own) for gaining about ten pounds while away! so it's time to get back to the cooking and exercising that once was priority in my life. maybe i can sleep on your couch for a while and you can cook for me!!!
I also check in all the time even though I am lucky enough to have Mina Atooti the first right here in EHT with me. Tell me I'm not the happiest mom in the world!!! And, I hope everybody comes to visit. Preferably after April 15 when tax season hell ends and I can play too!!! Can't wait!
HAHA BRIANA I WANT TO STEAL YOUR FAMILY ... not that I don't love mine, I have just decided I want yours as well.
You are more than welcome anytime to come crash at my place, I'd love to cook for you. And I just got hte Gunther Pederson Core Concepts workout w/ the ball and am loving it! We can work out together! And when Elyse gets back in April we can play tennis as I have now fallen in love with the sport, and swim in my pool!
And have no fear all, my birthday is the 19th of April and I have the 19th-23rd off so we could come visit for that, though I might want my older sister to be there for my birthday if that would be ok!!! And Mrs. Atooti you are clearly playing with us!!!!
are you kidding?! i would love to finally meet this older sister of yours!! i'll plan my spring with your birthday fun in mind.
sounds like a plan as long as someone remembers to pick me up. I like walking and all but AC is a bit far.
peace out
oh elyse...no worries... you'll be picked up. i'd tell you to have your dad drive you, but i know how he worries about being late, so he'd have to leave now in order to be here on time.
Post a Comment