so, besides my very quick welcome to the new year, i haven't really written a proper blog in a while, and i've kind of had an internal struggle about it. now, let me be clear...it's not that my "readers" are so torn up by the lack of substance to satisfy their blog-reading needs. the struggle comes more from my realization that i really like to blog, but i don't live an exciting enough life to justify frequent blogging. so, many a day has gone by when i've been eager to jump on to the computer and rant a bit about what's going on in my life (or more accurately, the lack of what's going on in my life). most of you know me well enough to know that my brain is always going, so there are many a thought that passes through my cerebrum that i think about dissecting for all of you, but then i get caught up on my own flip side...the side that gets annoyed by the people who feel the need to leave AIM away messages that say, "in the shower" or "at tom's" (see previous blog for my inner-most feelings on this topic). so if i blog about the mundane nature of my existence, am i just as bad as those away messages? and if so, what makes my draw toward blogging so strong and what makes it feel so different than the annoying away messages?
part of me thinks that the draw of the blog has something to do with the writer in me or maybe the introvert in me or maybe a bit of both. in a way, blogging makes me feel like i'm communicating with others, and while it can never take the place of a phone call from a friend, it has a way of filling that need to have someone to talk to when the chaos of daily life gets in the of good old fashioned chat time. of course, i've never been very good at that good old fashioned chat time cause the crazy lady in my head has always convinced me that nobody is really interested in listening to me babble anyway. again, another reason why the blog is such a great tool (not that i listen to the crazy lady inside my head anymore, but sometimes she's louder than i want her to be ;-) )
wow...a whole blog about why i've been holding myself back from blogging. poetic, really!
2 comments:
UMM SCUSE ME BUT I'M THAT LOSER THAT PUTS WORK TILL 9 AND IN THE SHOWER IN MY AWAY MESSAGES haha! It's ok I know I'm an away message addict ... so really being a blog addict is totally fine! I'd love to read about your "mundane" existance while living out mine behind a desk in Amherst. So keep blogging cuz I'm getting pissed that there's nothing there!
PS Don't forget you cannot come up next week as I will be living the good life in Dallas!
Hope to see you soon!
I love it. you should try stand-up Briana. thanks for having something for me to read about someone I know even if it is a dissertation about to blog or not to blog. I love you. Aunt Dora
Post a Comment