What have you done today to fight the inertia?
This question is a new driving force in my life. I've been in a strong battle against lethargy for, well, 30 years now. And especially recently, it feels as if it's only gotten worse (or maybe I'm just attuned to it). And while knowing some of the medical reasons behind my battle does help on a cognitive level, it doesn't help me make any progress. So instead of being overwhelmed by the task of finding energy, I am trying to take it in small steps. So as long as once a day I do something to fight inertia, I feel like I'm chipping away at the larger daunting task.
So, what did I do today to fight inertia? I wrote a little, and my goal is to follow the writing with a little reading and a trip to the grocery store. Oh! And I checked my PO Box and went to the bank. Wow! I've done more than I realized. I'm calling today a victory in my battle!
No comments:
Post a Comment