Monday, August 13, 2012

Night Swimming

As always, my mind has been spinning with thoughts these days.  I wake up in the morning with a ton of things on my mind, and this continues until I am laying in bed at night trying to wind down.  With every breath, I'm considering things that need to be done at work, the path in which my life is headed, steps I can take to be a better version of me, ways in which I can help my friends, items that need to be checked off my to do list, places that I want to visit, people that I want to see.  The thoughts are endless.  Many times a day, I begin to "write" some sort of reflection or observation to share, but before I get time to sit down and put those thoughts into a coherent sentence, I'm already bogged down by my next thought and too tired to muster up the energy to sort back through my mind to recreate the ideas that I was so excited to process.  So instead, I lay in bed wondering how another day went by without allowing myself some space to write, to talk, to get out of my head.  Which might be why I have spent so much of life externally quiet and internally loud.  I haven't quite found a time, place or person to let me take the time and just release some of what is floating around in this brain of mine.  And sometimes, I am swimming in it.

No comments: