my past few days have been spent being lazy and spending quality time with family. i've had a good time trying to win over oihana (two is a hard age to come in to someone's life) and cuddling with jon ander (seven months is much easier). but my biggest adventure was getting my hair cut. tia nati and i walked past the place where she typically gets her hair cut on the way to lunch yesterday, and i mentioned that i hadn't had mine cut since july, so she said we should see if they had any availability. well, they did, and fortunately tia nati was there to translate, and even more fortunately, the guy who ended up cutting my hair spoke english. what luck! so, i now my hair is back to its healthy self.
i've also spent a good amount of time looking at job postings and "researching" (i use that term loosely) schools with open positions. anyone want to make my life decisions for me and just tell me where i'm going to live begining this summer? (mom - you are not allowed to answer that question!)
wow...this was a VERY exciting blog update. no worries....shannon arrives monday, and i promise that together we can make interesting memories for you all to enjoy reading about. and this weekend, if the weather holds out, the family is taking me on another road trip, so hopefully i'll have some more pics of the beautiful countryside.
9 comments:
So, how about a nice job at ACC or Stockton? Kayla and I would be ecstatic! But, wherever you settle you know we'll always be close by. xoxoxo
I'm telling you, Utah is a lovely place with some FINE jobs. I'm SURE I could swing you an interview... Think about it...
wow...ACC or UTAH...what options. Kelly, you'll be happy to know that I'd be more likely to apply to Utah than ACC. Sorry mom!
My vote is Stonehill because then Jason and I would live approximately 3.4 minutes away. (and it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than any other options).
PS this is kate
http://www.stonehill.edu/hr/opportunities/dir_studentactivities.htm
Look! There is even a fabulous job opening. And I mean literally, 3.4 minutes away from where we will be!!!
ahh, the link got cut off...here it is for real.
http://www.stonehill.edu/hr/
opportunities/dir_
studentactivities.htm
Well I have been away on vacation as I am sure you were wondering where my comments were. I vote for a return to UMass! None of this Utah business, then you'll become someone's 6th wife and that would be terrible. Maybe Stonehill near Kate would be ok cuz that's still close enough for me to visit. The Middle and West US are way overrated, it's all about the East Coast baby!
Despite my preference that you end up here in fabulous Utah (in SLC, I promise you won't be the only non-mormon... we find each other and band together...), the west coast is really the place to be. No matter where you end up. :)
Hey...to make the decision easier for you, I have the solution. Move HERE! To Santa Bararba, CA! There--now all you have to do is simply find a job to pay for the exorbitant rent and high cost of living. :) You can thank me later for helping you with this important life decision. You're very welcome.
Melissa
Post a Comment