Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WTF

I just had one of those days. A day when all things seem to be going just fine and dandy, and just as you are about to walk about of the door, all hell breaks loose. And this isn't the "hell" that we typically think of at residence life. There was no medical emergency or conduct violation. There was no facilities breakdown or personnel meltdown. Instead, it was a myriad of miscommunications, and somehow I was caught feeling like the person who screwed up. And I have no idea how that happened. What's worse...I was stuck between my staff and my supervisors, which is always the worse place to be. And yet, in mid-level management, it's always where I am.

Fortunately, since I started typing this, I was able to have a good conversation with my supervisor, which did help relieve some of the negative feelings that had built up inside of me. But I still feel a little side-swiped by the whole situation. If I didn't have tomorrow off, I would definitely consider hiding in my bed all day. But fortunately, I don't have to go that route. And right now, there's nothing a little beer and Olympics won't fix.

No comments: