Thursday, October 28, 2010

Baby Steps

Today, I experienced two forms of baby steps:

The first was when I took my longest walk since my surgery. At a pace that even a tortoise could beat, I marched into the neighborhood and walked just under 1.4 miles. It took me 34 minutes, but I did it. Now, if only I could do this daily, my recovery might be that much more successful.

The second was when I signed up for two different Ed.D. information sessions. The thought has been creeping through my head more frequently in recent years, but over these past few weeks, as I've had plenty of time to sit around and think about my future, I think I've realized that the time is now. And if I want to make this happen for Fall 2011, I need to move. Hopefully a 23 minute mile is fast enough, because clearly that's all I can muster right now.

So, baby steps. Ironically, one of the things I can eat right now while I'm healing is baby food. Maybe this is all connected somehow!

1 comment:

cristal veronica said...

Way to go, Briana! Consider me one of your many cheerleaders!!