Sunday, October 24, 2010

Need for Perfection

I'm beginning to question the negative impacts that my need for perfection may have had on my life thus far. For weeks, I've been playing around with the header to this blog. Taking a picture I like, combining it with pretty fonts and clever mirror effects. I have this vision in my head, and I know what I want it to look like, but it has been more difficult than expected to make this happen. And the more problems I have had getting it to look the way I want, the less inspired I have been to write. Why? Well, the only logical answer is because I am crazy. That's right...probably close to certifiable. Because I can't figure out how to create the site that I have in my head (damn my lack of CSS and other programming language skills), I have abandoned a site that has otherwise been quite good to me for many years. And to this, I say, "What?!" It's making me sit here and wonder what else I've walked away from because I couldn't get it to be the "perfect" vision of what I have in my head. See? Crazy.

No comments: