Tonight, I learned that I am a terrible pumpkin carver. This is a sad, but true fact about me. AJ came home the other night with two pumpkins as a surprise. Knowing that pumpkin carving is not my forte, I was nervous at first. But when we sat down to carve tonight, I got excited searching for ideas on the internet. I should have known that ideas don't always come to fruition the way you would want them to, but this didn't stop me. Instead, I jumped hands first into mountains of seeds and pumpkin pieces. Sadly, I didn't even get to finish; AJ had to jump in and save me from myself. But, in fairness, I did do at least half of it before I needed saving. And now, both of our pumpkins are displayed in the living room, candles and all! I'm going to work on my skills so that next year I can be more successful. But, in the mean time, it is decided that when I havekids, I am shipping them to Uncle AJ's for Halloween festivities. I think it's best that we leave me in charge of Thanksgiving and Christmas, both of which I know I can rock!

Can you guess who did which pumpkin? I even think AJ's looks like him. Wouldn't you agree?
3 comments:
I think they both look pretty awesome.
yeah, actually, i think it needs to be said that your pumpkin is awesome. and creative. what are you talking about, you're not good at this?
In the light of day, I think I'm beginning to see the beauty of my pumpkin. Maybe I was a bit hard on myself yesterday.
Post a Comment