Friday, November 27, 2009
Breaking the Ice
On my final day of a week of thankful blogs, I am thankful for teambuilders. Today, Yas, AJ, Marci and I went wine tasting in Temecula. At one point, we were in the car and the sun was setting. We were all laughing, and I got a wave of love for the three of them. I felt so lucky to have them in my life. And just when I thought the day was as great as it could be, somehow Yas worked in a teambuilder. Each of us had to choose three words to describe the others. Well, of course, Yas and Marci were all over this activity. And though I was much more quiet about it, I too love a good emotion-fest. Poor AJ was crawling in his skin at the idea of having to be real and share his feelings, but because he's a trooper, he took a deep breath and emoted along with us (just not as loudly). Marci and Yas both ended up in tears. AJ curled up in a ball to avoid being touched by Yas and Marci as they were reaching out for affection. I just had to smile at all of it. As cheesey as it may seem, I am so grateful to have spent a few minutes getting some affirmation by people I love. And isn't that what teambuilding is all about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment