Less than a week ago, Verizon released the Droid, the new major competition for the iPhone. As a Mac user and Apple enthusiast, I couldn't imagine there ever being a phone I would be eager to own other than the iPhone, but seemingly overnight, the Droid has entered my radar. All of the features without having to leave Verizon! Could it be true? In the five days since Carmen and Marci have purchased their Droids, they have been more than happy with it. It gave me great hope and excitement to see how their affection for their phones would continue until it was my turn to be due for an upgrade sometime in 2010.
Well, wouldn't you know that when I woke up this morning and began flipping through my emails, I noticed one with an intriguing subject from Verizon. Usually I immediately delete messages that I know are just advertisements, but something about this one made me curious. And when I opened it, I was definitely glad I did. It was an offer "for select customers only" to upgrade to a new phone - including the Droid - early! Now, though I know this is a marketing ploy to keep me with Verizon before I'm tempted to jump ship to the iPhone, I couldn't help but be pulled into the scheme. A new phone! Lots of apps! Cool touch screen! No leaving Verizon! Hmmm...
So, now the decision is: to Droid or not to Droid?
No comments:
Post a Comment