Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I've Come to my Senses

On my third day of thankful blogging, I am thankful for a set of five things that many of us take for granted every day. Today, I am thankful for my senses. And though I am usually a bit partial to some over others, I'd like to share some of my favorite things about each one.

Taste
My grandmother's manicotti. My mother's Thanksgiving dinner. Sushi in Japan. Barbecue in Brazil. New York pizza. Chocolate.

Touch
A new set of sateen sheets. The skin of a new baby. Snow as you are building a snowman. The sand when you are walking down the beach. A hug.

Hearing
Kayla's giggle when she's having fun. Matt Nathanson live on stage. A friend's voice when you feel all alone. Silence when you've had a long day.

Sight
A smile on a friend's face. Kayla while she is asleep. Leaves falling from the trees in the Fall. The color green. Sunrises. Sunsets.

Smell
Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The cologne of the man you love. Salt on skin after a day at the beach.

Need I say more?

No comments: