In my dream, I was at my grandmother's house in Yonkers. For some reason, my cousin Jessica and I were both wearing wedding dresses, and apparently we were getting married on the same day or at least in close proximity time wise. Apparently it was Christmas time because I was wandering around each of the rooms in the house counting the numbers of Christmas trees and Christmas tree shaped decorations that were up. There were 64, in case you were wondering. While I was doing this, I kept bumping into my dad, who also seemed to be wandering aimlessly through the house. When I got to the kitchen, my Uncle Milo was there cooking. It was a very real scene. He had the sauce on the stove top and a bottle of wine on the table...very typical of family dinners at my grandma's. Eventually, I made my way into the TV room, which is were Jessica and I were both standing in our wedding dresses. Then my cousin Stefanie showed up, but instead of being the current day 20-something-year-old, she was a little kid. Maybe around 7 or 8. She was standing in front of me reaching up for me and yanking on the front of my dress, like little kids tend to do. Then, when she walked away, I realized that she had spilled orange juice down the front of my dress. Well, clearly, I was extremely distraught. I immediately started freaking out and saying to Jessica, "What am I going to do? Oh my God! My dress is ruined." I was crying and frantically searching for something to try to get the orange juice off, and Jessica was less than worried about it. She calmly handed me a paper towel, and then went back to being unconcerned about my dress. At one point, I remember her looking at me and shrugging, as if to say, "Oh well."
After a bit of frantically trying to get the stains out of my dress and crying to Jessica, I really wanted my mom. I knew she would be the only person to make it better. (So typical of me when I am upset.) Unfortunately, my mom apparently was a game show host and was in the middle of taping a show. The folks who worked on the show refused to let me talk to her, even though I was having a wedding dress emergency. Somehow, like it often happens in dream world, I was magically transported to the set of her game show, where I could see her in the distance, but couldn't get to her. It was terrible.
That's when I woke up.
What the hell does that dream mean?
No comments:
Post a Comment