Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Coffee and Conversation
Today I had the opportunity to join some of my colleagues from around the Division for coffee and conversation with the VP for Student Affairs. Lane agreed to do this professional development series as a way of bringing together a group of folks with whom she doesn't typically have the opportunity to chat. She also saw it as a good way of sparking ideas and collaboration across departments. So gathered we did. We talked about whose responsibility the Catholic identity of our institution is. What chatted about how we are educating our students about our mission and values. We began to hit the surface of how we do a better job of reaching a larger number of students. It was all very interesting, and we are set to have our next conversation in March. As I walked home, I thought about how nice it was to have an opportunity just to sit and share ideas and thoughts. It happens so rarely since our days become so boggled down with meetings and mundane tasks that it put a smile on my face to think about being a part of something I believe in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment