Monday, November 01, 2010

NaBloPoMo...Take Two!

Last year, the very lovely Carmen introduced me to NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).  Since I was already an admirer of NaBloPoMo's cousin NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), I was immediately intrigued by the idea.  Truthfully, I think anything that encourages me to make better usage of my writing skills is a great idea, so it took me no time at all to sign on.  Granted, I only learned of NaBloPoMo about ten days into the month, but from that day on, I was able to accomplish its very simple goal:  blog once a day for the month of November.  So today, on November 1, 2010, I begin year two of NaBloPoMo.

More important than this fantastic kick off, today also marks the 35th wedding anniversary of my parents.  I know firsthand that these past 35 years have not been smooth sailing, but I also know that my parents love each other and they care about each other.  And I have always been very proud of them for working on their marriage and not just taking it for granted.  On this day, I wish them both another 35 years of love, laughter and hard work.

Wow...November 1.  How did that happen?  Where did the fall go?  Where did 2010 go?

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I have no idea - I'm still a little in shock that it's November - and that next week I hit 3 months here! (And not there :( )

Briana said...

Carmen...don't remind me. I miss you so much! We went to Disney the other day, and AJ said, "This ride's a blast!" Then we both got really sad. We need to plan a visit!