Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tears of Glee

Tonight's episode of 'Glee' brought me to tears.  I already am so endeared to the character of Finn, and he made some big steps in the right direction at his mom's wedding to Kurt's dad.  I love the character of Kurt, as well, so the entire scene had me balled up on the couch with tears streaming down my face.  And with AJ laughing at me (even though he was also all emotional about it), it just added to the whole situation.  And then, as the episode ended, I couldn't help but be even more upset at Kurt's decision to transfer schools.  And with the next episode being sectionals, how will it all get resolved so that they aren't Glee rivals?  Ugh!  I am so stressed about all of it!

Okay, so upon rereading this last paragraph, I'm wondering if I should seek additional help.  I clearly get way too attached to fictional characters in books, movies and TV shows.  This can't be normal.  I once cried for 20 minutes in my seat after seeing 'Miss Saigon' on Broadway.  Twenty minutes!  My friends were all sitting there wondering what to do with me.  Or the time that Yas, Marci and I saw 'Time Traveler's Wife' in the theaters, and the usher had to kick us out so that they could turn the theater over for the next showing.  We were sitting there in tears with the book in hand recapping our favorite moments.  I know a lot of people cry, but I'm telling you, my level of being impacted is different.  I become a mess.  Don't even get me started about what happened after seeing 'Life is Beautiful.'  Tragic.  The movie and my reaction.

No comments: